Disney fans flocked to California last weekend to watch D23 Expo 2022, the first D23 convention since 2019 – that yearwas launched. The event also marked the company’s 100th anniversary (which is next year, but it’s hard to blame Disney for starting its centennial celebrations early).
Beyond the animated classics that Disney was built on, the company owns, , , , and other beloved franchises, so we got tons of updates about upcoming movies, shows, video games, and theme park rides in those universes.
CNET reported live from the convention show floor, capturing all of the panel’s hype and reunion, so let’s take a look at the big news.
- a particular scenedisclosing that the international community is after the country’s supply of vibranium , Dora Milaje – Wakanda’s all-female special forces unit – won’t let it go easily though. The film hit the theaters on November 11. Director Ryan Coogler showed
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumia debuted Phase 5 of the MCU on February 17, 2023, and features Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne with their parents Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in an exclusive look at the film appeared to be working. Betty Cassie Lang to explore the quantum realm. we saw new By taking Cassie hostage, he was trying to force Scott to steal something for her. Too, appeared briefly.
- officially revealed to be helming Which opens in theaters on November 8, 2024. The director was Matt Shuckman
- Tim Blake Nelson in Captain America: New World Order – last seen in 2008’s The Incredible Hulk return as leader And possibly a face-off against Sam Wilson. And The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will also return, and Israeli superhero/Mossad agent Sabra will make her MCU debut (played by Shira Haas). The film comes out on May 3, 2024.
- thunderbolt’ The lineup was revealed Happen , , , , , And , This dark superhero film directed by director Jake Schreier and will hit the theaters on July 26, 2024.
Marvel on Disney Plus
- Ironheart will seeTechnique and magic fightwith Anthony Ramos Debut as Parker Robbins/The HoodWhen the series hits Disney Plus next year.
- covert attack found Jim Rhodes Something will have to be done about it when the series hits Disney Plus in 2023. , revealing a faction of shape-shifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years. Nick Fury and
- armor war The Covert Assault leaves with Roddy getting a bunch of new War Machine-style suits of armor. Shooting for the six-part Disney Plus series will begin next year.
- Loki Season 2 hits Disney Plus in the summer of 2023, and Ke Hui Quan – Short Round in Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom and Waymond Wang in Everything Everywhere All At Once – joins the cast. An exclusive trailer hints that the show Go to a group of different time periods in view of ,
- On the Star Wars front, fans were probably most thrilled with the reveal of a new trailer for , Grogu, aka Baby Yoda, is adorable throughout the trailer, but things get tough for his father, as Mando is critically informed that because he took off his helmet, “You’re not the Mandalorian anymore. Huh.” Sure, whatever, but we bet they’re not going to change the name of the show when it comes back on Disney Plus next year.
- It’s got its final trailer ahead of its three-episode premiere on Disney Plus on September 21, Diego Luna plays Cassian Andor as he is recruited into a rebellion against the Empire, in a show that takes place five years before the events. ,
- Ahsoka, the upcoming live-action series starring Rosario Dawson as former Jedi Ahsoka Tano, some pictures surfaced, This hinted at the show’s link to a CGI animated series. , It will arrive on Disney Plus in 2023.
- Fans also got glimpse, though not trailer, always-dapper The story of a group of youths lost in space.
- Star Harrison Ford gave an emotional speech about the new film, and gave D23 attendees an exclusive look at the first trailer, featuring the return of John Rhys-Davis as Salla and Phoebe Waller-Bridge as Jones’ granddaughter Helena. Revealed. It hits theaters on June 30, 2023.
- Willow, the eight-episode Disney Plus series that will return to the world of the 1988 film, received another trailer ahead of its November 30 premiere.
- We saw the first trailer for the live-action remake Halle Bailey plays Ariel, along with a clip showing the new version of the show-stopping song Part of Your World.
- We also got our first glimpse of the Snow White live-action remake, which stars West Side Story’s Rachel Ziegler as the titular hero and Gal Gadot as the evil queen, and is about to be out ,
- There was also a new trailer for Which hits Disney Plus on September 30.
- we got a glimpse , the upcoming prequel from Moonlight director Barry Jenkins. It will unravel the story of Simmba’s father ,
- A trailer was also released for Peter Pan and Wendy, which stars Jude Law as Captain Hook and will stream on Disney Plus in 2023.
- We got a look at the Haunted Mansion, based on the Disney Park ride. It Will Star Jamie Lee Curtis as the Scary Madame Leota, and It’s Ready to Come Out ,
- A trailer was released for Disenchanted, a sequel to 2007’s Enchanted starring Amy Adams. It will hit Disney Plus on November 24.
- A mini-series released from the Tim Allen film trilogy, Santa Claus received a trailer and a two-episode premiere date of November 16.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians, the eight-episode Disney Plus adaptation of Rick Riordan’s novel series, received a trailer. This streaming service will be a hit “soon”.
- Disney Plus miniseries Zootopia Plus will include six new stories set in the world of the 2016 film Zootopia. It will come out on 9th November.
- we saw Which will explore “a futuristic version of Lagos, Nigeria” when it hits Disney Plus in 2023.
- We got another look at Strange Worlds, an animated film starring Jake Gyllenhaal and coming to theaters on November 23.
- Animated musical film Vish was also announced, which explores the concept of wishing a star and is set to come out , It will star West Side Story’s Ariana DeBos and Rogue One’s Alan Tudyk.
- Mickey: The Story of a Mouse, a documentary about Disney’s iconic mascot, got a trailer. It will land on Disney Plus on November 18, the 94th anniversary of Mickey’s first appearance in the animated short Steamboat Willie.
The highlight of the final day of the show was the theme park focused A limitless future: Disney parks, experiences and products Presentation. It revealed plans for US parks such as California’s Disneyland and Florida’s Disney World, as well as international locations Disneyland Paris, Shanghai Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and Tokyo Disney Resort:
- Amy Poehler made an appearance to announce , the sequel to the 2015 classic. It will follow a teenage Riley, introduce new emotional characters and is about to end ,
- We got an early look at Elemental, the new film coming out in the summer of 2023. It follows Ember, which is made of fire, and Wake, which contains water, as they grow into a city where people are defined by their elemental fulfillment.
- We got a first look at the new film Elio, which follows a bookish child as he makes first contact with aliens. He is brought into their world and becomes Earth’s ambassador to the rest of the universe. it is scheduled for release ,
- Win or Lose, an animated series coming to Disney Plus in the fall of 2023, follows a co-ed middle school softball team in the week leading up to their championship game. Each episode takes place that week, which jumps into the perspective of one main character.
20th century studio
- Director James Cameron called to the event from New Zealand to discuss the long-awaited sequel , and the crowd was given 3D glasses to watch some of the breathtaking footage. The film comes out on 16 December.
Disney and Marvel Video Games
Disney and Marvel Game Showcase Saw a bunch of revelations:
- One Starring Captain America and Black Panther, which did not receive a release date.
- Disney Illusion Island, a Nintendo Switch co-op platformer that lets you play as Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy, is coming out in 2023.
- Puzzle mystery game Tron: Identity, out in 2023.
- Gargoyles Remastered, an updated version of the classic ’90s platformer. Release date is not clear.
- AR mobile game From Pokémon Go developer Niantic, coming in 2023.
We also got a first look at the mobile MMO shooter Avatar: Reckoning (coming soon) and the tactical squad-based action game Aliens: Dark Descent (coming to consoles and PC next year). Marvel’s Midnight Suns was delayed to December 2, and the prequel shorts will build on the narrative when they hit YouTube on October 31.
Movies Coming in 2022 from Marvel, Netflix, DC and More
see all photos
The Best TV Shows of 2022 You Can’t Miss on Netflix, HBO, Disney Plus & More
see all photos